Projects, Progress & the Beach
The house is coming right along! I've got lots of different projects going on in various rooms. I'm trying to do one thing every day after work even if that one thing is just hanging a photo. A few weeks ago I completed my closet (the Elfa system from Container Store had already been installed; all I had to do was adjust some shelves and buy this pant rack) and last weekend I installed the Elfa in my office/guest room closet using the leftover Elfa shelves from the bedroom. This weekend was all about the living/dining area but it's still in progress so no photos yet.
Friday I learned how awesome it is to live 2 blocks away from Saint Rocke when my friend Sonal texted me that she was there for happy hour. I joined for a great $5 a drink special and then we came back to the house for some wine after. It was so cool to be walking to and from a bar in L.A. We never do that here even though we did it all the time in Chicago.
Saturday night Mishel was amazing and babysat Lily so Matt and I could go out and celebrate our 7th wedding anniversary which is tomorrow.
Today I spent the day priming and painting the backs of our built-in bookshelves yellow with a really nice visit from Liz in between. We hit up Tammy's Cafe for brunch, the swings at the beach and then spent a few hours lounging on the roof deck (which is now fully decked out with a sofa, 2 recliners & 2 chaise lounges; pictures forthcoming). And now Matt is happily listening to Sting in the man cave and Lily is fast asleep. All together a pretty perfect weekend.
Work has been stressful lately but it really does make it easier to come home to the beach. Every day as we're making a right onto our street from Sepulveda Lily says "Mom I see the ocean and our beautiful green house!"
Friday I learned how awesome it is to live 2 blocks away from Saint Rocke when my friend Sonal texted me that she was there for happy hour. I joined for a great $5 a drink special and then we came back to the house for some wine after. It was so cool to be walking to and from a bar in L.A. We never do that here even though we did it all the time in Chicago.
Saturday night Mishel was amazing and babysat Lily so Matt and I could go out and celebrate our 7th wedding anniversary which is tomorrow.
Today I spent the day priming and painting the backs of our built-in bookshelves yellow with a really nice visit from Liz in between. We hit up Tammy's Cafe for brunch, the swings at the beach and then spent a few hours lounging on the roof deck (which is now fully decked out with a sofa, 2 recliners & 2 chaise lounges; pictures forthcoming). And now Matt is happily listening to Sting in the man cave and Lily is fast asleep. All together a pretty perfect weekend.
Work has been stressful lately but it really does make it easier to come home to the beach. Every day as we're making a right onto our street from Sepulveda Lily says "Mom I see the ocean and our beautiful green house!"
| Lily with her Cindarella playdo set. Having a backyard is wonderful for many reasons but one of them is that playdo can be an outdoor toy now. |
| Goofball! |

Comments
Post a Comment