Disneyland with Cousins!

I am in the middle of the best staycation ever!  Lily's school closed at noon on Wed. so I took Wed. through today off work and our office is closed on Monday.  Wed. I got a mani-pedi and read a magazine on the roof deck before picking Lily up at 1.  I felt like a kept woman!

My cousin Andrea and her family are in town so we spent a great day together at Disneyland yesterday despite the oppressive heat.  It was 100* in Anaheim and it felt like we were in Death Valley or something.  It stayed about 85* at night even, which is really rare for SoCal.  Usually the second the sun goes down you need to whip out a sweatshirt.  I guess I'll need to find some other occasion to wear my new Buzz Lightyear hoodie that makes laser sounds.
Waiting for the tram with anticipation!

Riding the tram with even more anticipation!
The first person we saw was Cinderella.  Lily was in heaven!
Dumbo is always a hit.  Phoebe and I rode together and she made Dumbo go as high as possible the whole time.

Grandpa was REALLY excited about Dumbo.

Phoebe and Lily outside of the Buzz Lightyear ride.  Phoebe was a very maternal older cousin, imploring Lily to "just try" to go potty because it's important to drink a lot of water and go potty when it's hot out.
Lily on her first of 3 rides on the teacups.  We also went on It's a Small World 3 times!
Andrea and Phoebe on the rocketships.  Lily and I went on together and saw the princess parade from up high.

This weird giant ball thing kept Lily and Natalie occupied so Andrea, Drew, Grandpa, Phoebe and I could go on Space Mountain.  Phoebe loved it!
Excited to be at Disney instead of at work/school.  You can also see Lily's birthday button.  On every ride the operators said "Happy Birthday Lily!"  She felt very special.

Goofy kiss.

Outside the Winnie the Pooh ride which we went on twice.
Lily and Grandpa on the first of 3 rides on the Carousel.
Tired by dinner time.
I bought a season's pass at Disney and can't wait to go back in September or October once it's cooled down and decorated for Halloween.

Andrea, Drew, Phoebe and Natalie leave Anaheim this afternoon to come stay with us in Hermosa for a few days. Lily is ecstatic at the idea of a sleepover with her big girl cousins!  Not sure if we'll do anything other than hit the beach and hang on the roof deck over the next few days but that would suit me just fine.  I'm just happy to have some time off to spend hanging around the house enjoying all the work I've put into making it the way I wanted.  I can't think of a more ideal morning than waking up without an alarm and reading the New Yorker while drinking coffee with Lily putting on a "princess show" in the background.  :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

New Digs (Kind Of)

January 2021

Gettin' Back in Shape