New Home!

The past few weeks have been a whirlwind!  We moved out of our apartment on June 15th and moved into the house on Sunday the 16th.  Matt's Mom stayed with us for our first week to help out and stay with Lils since we couldn't get her into school down here until June 24th.  They had a really nice week together and Lily has missed her very much since Kathy & Marc left last week.  We had a great dinner with the Bergers (sans Aunt Kim, who was up in SF) and Zimmers (minus Uncle Brian, who was in boot camp) last Saturday and then spent the past week getting settled into our new routines.  My commute isn't that bad (about 30 minutes in the morning and 40 in the afternoon) and we're almost all unpacked.

The house is starting to come together too.  Lily's room was finished as of today's arrival of her new bed.  The master bath is done (and by done I mean I hung 3 photos today) and I think the master bed will be almost done tomorrow once we move some stuff around.  Matt's man-cave (or as Lily calls it "Daddy's Watching Cave") is pretty much to his liking so far.  And tomorrow we're on the hunt for a new living room sofa.

On Monday Matt is headed to Guadelajara for business and Lily and I are headed to Chicago for Brian's graduation from Navy boot camp and some family time with Rita & Larry and our Winnetka cousins.  I am so excited, though sad to be away from the house for a week when all I want to do is power through and get it into shape ASAP.  But tonight we did take a break from the home improvement to walk over to Umami burger and then grab gelato on the walk back.  The whole time I kept thinking "I can't believe we live here."  And as Lily was falling asleep she called out to me "Mom, I'm really glad we moved to Hermosa Beach."

Enjoying some bed-jumping in our apartment.

Her new Hermosa Beach bedroom!

The Master Bath.  The only room besides Lily's that's suitable for photographing at this point.  :)


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

New Digs (Kind Of)

January 2021

Gettin' Back in Shape