Christmas Cheer


I was in a funk for most of the morning.  It could have been the fact that I haven't slept through the night in a good month because Lily is now climbing into our bed 1-2 times a night.  Sometimes she goes undetected but inevitably she kicks one of us, or snores, or steals my pillow and I carry her back to bed, only to repeat a few hours later.  It could have been the gloomy weather and rain, which feels unfair when you live in LA.  Or it could have been the fact that every night last week it took me 90 minutes to get from work, to daycare, to home.  I had pretty much decided to be in a bad mood all day and when Matt had to go in to the office at 2 (he's still not home and it's almost 10) that seemed like the way the day would go.  But Lily took a good nape and we got our Christmas on, which turned things around.  We made a foam gingerbread house and baked some yummy cookies all while listening to Christmas carols.  I feel a little more cheerful... here's hoping it sustains me through another week of LA traffic!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

New Digs (Kind Of)

January 2021

Gettin' Back in Shape