Cooking Up a Storm

Lils has been more than a little bit naughty lately- hitting, slapping, kicking, throwing things... all of these behaviors seem to have come from no where.  At least that's what I thought until I picked her up from daycare yesterday and saw one of her classmates beating another one up.  The teacher's attention was divided and she didn't notice as this kid went from one classmate to the next, hitting or pushing each one!  I'm glad I know where she's learning this from but I still have no idea how to stop it.  If anyone can offer some sage words of advice, please call or email me.

Work has been insane in the membrane for me and Matt so that probably hasn't helped either.  By the end of the day I just feel so drained and even though I'm so happy to pick Lils up and spend time with her, I'm bitter that our "quality time" has to occur on our 30 minute ride home (which is only 4 miles... God, I hate L.A.) and while I'm trying to pull something together for dinner too.  I think Lils feels it too.  Last week in the car I asked her how her day was and she said "I don't want to talk about my day. I want to talk about the ocean in Hawaii."

There are times where I feel like being a working mom is really rewarding and worth all of the stress and exhaustion but this is not one of those times.  Sigh... That said, I know that life is all about ups and downs so if I just wait two weeks I'll probably feel differently.  And we've still been squeezing some fun stuff in there.  Lils really loves to cook now so we make eggs or pancakes or muffins on the weekend mornings and she even helps me make my coffee.  And we just booked our flights for two trips this summer (one to meet Jess/Travis/Lauren and Jade/Ryan in TN and the other to visit Andrea/Grant/Caroline/Jacqueline in Indy) so that will be a nice reprieve from the madness.

Anyway, here are some fun photos from the past week:

She loves her new sneakers so much!

Getting the eggs ready on the morning of 4th of July.

We crack them together.  Also, I realized after I saw this photo that wearing a dark blue shirt with dark blue jeans looks ridiculous.  I should have just worn a dark blue gas station uniform since it looks about the same.

Heading to lunch in downtown Culver City this afternoon.

Lils is really into "packing stuff" into her backpack and wearing it when we go out.  Her must-haves?  A mini My Little Pony, a Zooble, her digital camera, crayons, a mini Tinkerbell coloring book and a lovie (one of her soft blankey toys).

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

New Digs (Kind Of)

January 2021

Gettin' Back in Shape