Kauai- Day Nine

The weather was not so great yesterday so the beach and pool were out.  :(  Luckily we still had one last sight to see- Waimea Canyon.

The only way Lily will stay still long enough to braid her hair is if I put Yo Gabba Gabba on!

Running at Waimea Canyon.

The big show.

The dirt is red all over Kauai but it's red at Waimea Canyon.

Matt was in heaven at the Shrimp Station.

More Shrimp Station.

Lils at Waimea landing.  I thought it was a black sand beach but after smelling it and seeing the "do not walk on sand" signs we realized it was a garbage beach.

Spinning her wheels before our last island dinner.

We had hoped the weather would clear up for our last morning here so we could take one more trip to the beach.  Instead it's been pouring buckets all night.  The thunder has been so loud that we literally jumped out of bed this morning.  I'm sad that we haven't been to the beach in the past 2 days but at least the rain makes it easier to head back to LA this afternoon.  It's been an amazing vacation and while I wouldn't say I'm ready to go back to work, I think I'm ready to get back to our apartment.  I know Lily is ready to get back to school because she keeps talking about her friends!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

New Digs (Kind Of)

January 2021

Gettin' Back in Shape