Getting back on track
The last 3 weeks have been all about getting ourselves back into a routine. Now that Judy is home from the hospital and Lily's birthday has passed (though you wouldn't know it from the number of times a day she sings Happy Birthday to herself) it feels like we're getting back to our semi-regular routine.
Last weekend Andrea was visiting from Indy and we had an amazing time but it was so bittersweet. The whole weekend I was on the verge of crying because seeing her again reminded me how much I miss her (and Grant!) and all of our former Chicago peeps. After a truly awesome weekend, where Matt took care of Lily on Saturday so I could go shopping in Beverly Hills, have drinks in Malibu and then a nice dinner with Liz and Andrea, I felt really re-charged from this draining summer.
Work has been really busy and stressful lately so we took it easy this weekend and escaped to the Valley for Saturday and Sunday. We spent so much time in the pool and Lily even came in this time. She also loved playing with the water table Grandma and Grandpa got her. We came back home yesterday and had a really leisurely Labor Day, with lunch at our favorite vegan cafe and some grocery shopping. All in all, this weekend was just what we needed!
I forgot to get all of the good pictures off of my Mom's camera, but here are some in the meantime:
![]() |
| I had to take a picture last week because I love this outfit! |
| Lils just discovered that she can make her baby sit in the high chair too. |
![]() |
| She's had these sandals for almost a year but wouldn't put them on until today. I think the strap that goes between her toes freaks her out. |
| Today she thought baby needed some milk and crackers. She also asked baby if she wanted to watch Elmo while she ate. Wonder where she got that from? |
On the Grandma Judy front, she's hanging in there but still in a lot of discomfort. She had a CT and gets the results this week so we'll see what the doctors have to say... fingers crossed.
I hear Lily waking up from her nap so I'm outy. ;)


Comments
Post a Comment