Vat about brunch?

We had a good but busy weekend.  Yesterday Lily and I trekked to Party City for some awesome Abby Cadaby and Elmo birthday decorations, then visited Grandma and Grandpa in Tarzana for a bit.  We saw five hummingbirds at the backyard feeder at once!  After that, we went home and all three of us fell asleep and almost slept through Lily's friend Wes' 2nd birthday party in Santa Monica.  Lily had a great time with her classmates at the party.  It was very cute to see them greet each other.  Lily saw her little friend Paige and yelled "That's Paige!"

This morning, we met Great Grandpa Larry, Great Grandma Rita, Great Aunt Caren and Cousins Zach and Levi for brunch in Hermosa Beach.  Rita & Larry are in town for a week so we'll see them again this week and for Lily's family birthday celebration next Saturday.  Lils didn't take a nap today so she was quite the crankpot at Costco and Natalee Thai for dinner.

I am so not ready for this work-week to begin but I'm very excited for Lily's birthday on Tuesday, when I'm going to her school to give out birthday ice pops and goodie bags.  It's been such a crazy summer that we decided not to do a huge party this year, but I think she'll enjoy celebrating with her classmates.  There have been a lot of birthdays in her class this month and she already knows the birthday song!

In her ladybug outfit before Wes' birthday party.

Wearing her fancy shoes this morning.

Matt and Rita at brunch.

Lily decided this should be her new home.

And then ran away laughing when I told her how much this house probably cost.

Lily "found" my kitchen gloves.

And was quite pleased with herself for getting them on.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

New Digs (Kind Of)

January 2021

Gettin' Back in Shape