Home Design
I was just looking through iPhoto and realized that I never did my planned blog post about the little project I did to make our bedroom look more inviting and zen. We have a window in the bedroom but we didn't want to put the bed underneath it because it would be too bright and noisy. So instead, I created a "window" behind the bed to mask the fact that we don't have a headboard.
I started with a blank wall behind our bed.
And installed two very inexpensive curtain rods from IKEA. We're talking $1.99 each!
I placed a single IKEA shade (I'm pretty sure it was only $9.99) on the lower rod to act as the window.
And then hung our brown curtains from the top rod. We had these curtains in our bedroom in Chicago but I actually think they look better behind the bed, like this. The bedspread set is DwellStudio for Target but the browns match the curtain and bedskirt even though they're all different brands. I love the design but it's already pretty faded and worn, and we've only had it since April 2010. Next time, I think I'll spring for the real deal.
Thanks for all of the Facebook well wishes for Grandma Judy! I talked to her this evening and she seemed to have the most energy since she's been in the hospital. She's out of the ICU and back in a regular private room so things are looking up. :)


Comments
Post a Comment