First Day of Daycare
Lily hit another milestone today- 1st day of LA daycare! We found a lovely in-home daycare center about a mile away from our apartment that can take her until she starts an all-day preschool program on August 1st. I was nervous about dropping her off since she hasn't been to daycare since we moved from Chicago last year but my anxiety was all for naught because Lily barely noticed that I was leaving. Distracted by new toys and friends, she just uttered "be right back" when I said I was going bye-bye.
I picked her up a little early but that ended up being completely unnecessary because she did not want to leave daycare. I carried her out, kicking and screaming "I want to play." Even once we got home, I heard her saying "Jackson" while she colored, which is the name of one of her new friends. As always, Lily has proven to be much more brave and well-adjusted than her parents. :)
With daycare taken care of, we can now get back to our regularly scheduled programming. It feels pretty good.
![]() |
| Wearing my, I mean her, jewelry. |
| Giving her My Little Pony a bath. |

Awww, glad it turned out well!
ReplyDelete