Walnut Creek Weekend

Matt, Lily & I have taken a last-minute trip to Walnut Creek so we can go to Lara's Celebration of Life this afternoon.  It's definitely not  the circumstance under which we'd like to be here but it's still nice to spend time with Grandma Kathy, Grandpa Marc & Aunt Kim.  Lily actually says "Aunt Kim" now!  She also says "Meezy" for Mitzi the dog.

We flew out of LAX at 5:35 so by the time we landed, the CA Bar exam results had been posted online.  I have been so nervous since I took the test because I knew I made at least one mistake.  A wave of panic would hit me at least once throughout each day, where I would break into a sweat and contemplate the consequences of failing the exam:  there would be the embarrassment, but also the additional 2 months of studying and ruined plans in order to re-take the test in July.

Luckily, my iPhone enabled me to see that I had passed as soon as we de-planed!  I had Matt read the results as well just to make sure I wasn't reading them incorrectly.  I feel such a huge sense of relief.  This particular test was difficult and only had a 42.3 % passage rate so I feel very lucky to have come out on the passing end.  Congratulations are also in order for our friend Emily, who is already member of the MD Bar but needed to take the CA exam to practice in San Francisco.  I'm very happy that we both passed and can throw our Barbri books in the garbage!

I'll post pictures from this weekend as soon as I can.  :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

New Digs (Kind Of)

January 2021

Gettin' Back in Shape