Good Weekend
We had a really nice weekend- lots of family time and playing with Lily. On Friday night we took my Mom and Dad to Brunello Trattoria in Culver City. We've been going there a lot lately and wanted to share it with my parents. It's really simple, good & authentic Italian food. Lily enjoyed the calzone!
Saturday was gloomy but we ventured out to Home Depot (for black out shades; our apt. gets a lot of light from the neighbors and street lights) and Target (for all the usual Tar-jay staples). I made my radish, black bean & avocado tacos (add some lettuce, lime juice & queso and there you go) which are quickly becoming a staple because they're really yummy and super quick & easy to make.
The weather was much better today so we had brunch in Santa Monica and then checked out some stuff at West Elm. I was really glad we went because I got to feel this rug I'd had my eye on online and it turned out that it was really scratchy and gross. So I guess I saved myself some buyer's remorse. After that, Lily took a decent nap and then we played outside for a while. I've been on a cooking streak lately so I made pork chops with apples (the marinade is maple syrup & Italian dressing) and some rice, broccoli & cheese cups. I hate to admit it but sometimes Kraft Food & Family recipes are life-savers.
So as you can read, this weekend was pretty boring when you type it out but we had a lot of fun while it was happening. :)
Saturday was gloomy but we ventured out to Home Depot (for black out shades; our apt. gets a lot of light from the neighbors and street lights) and Target (for all the usual Tar-jay staples). I made my radish, black bean & avocado tacos (add some lettuce, lime juice & queso and there you go) which are quickly becoming a staple because they're really yummy and super quick & easy to make.
The weather was much better today so we had brunch in Santa Monica and then checked out some stuff at West Elm. I was really glad we went because I got to feel this rug I'd had my eye on online and it turned out that it was really scratchy and gross. So I guess I saved myself some buyer's remorse. After that, Lily took a decent nap and then we played outside for a while. I've been on a cooking streak lately so I made pork chops with apples (the marinade is maple syrup & Italian dressing) and some rice, broccoli & cheese cups. I hate to admit it but sometimes Kraft Food & Family recipes are life-savers.
So as you can read, this weekend was pretty boring when you type it out but we had a lot of fun while it was happening. :)
![]() |
| Doing artwork last week. |
| Cookies! |
| And a cookie-puss. |
| Goofing around on the couch today. |
| Despite a boo-boo on her finger, she was still a cheery girl this weekend. |
| Sitting pretty. |
| Wearing my scarf. |
| And doing more art work today. |
| We were very proud that she actually colored Cookie Monster blue. |

Comments
Post a Comment