We had pretty much the most relaxing, best weekend ever! We had dinner with Matt at Gaby's on Thursday and on Friday had lunch at my favorite lunch spot in our 'hood, Native Foods Cafe. After lunch, we headed over to my parents' house for some New Year's Eve celebrating. Lily went to bed at 8 and Matt and I made it 'till 11:30 before we had to turn in. Saturday was so relaxing and fun that we ended up staying over there last night too. Lily went down at around 7 and we all watched Inception. Our original plan was to head home this morning but the Packer game was on at 1 PM and we still don't have our TV hooked up so we stayed for the game too (they won and we're going to the playoffs!). Basically an overnight visit turned into a weekend getaway to Tarzana. Lily was in heaven, back to being doted on by all 4 of us at once. She slept until 9:45 both mornings so Matt and I kept joking that she likes being back in Tarzana more than our new place.
I don't have any photos of this weekend because they're still on my Mom's camera but here are some my Mom took last week:
 |
| Lily eats breakfast at home with me... |
 |
| ...but she always manages to sneak in a 2nd breakfast once I drop her at Grandma & Grandpa's house. |
 |
| She LOVES breakfast! Lately, she requests "nanas" for bananas. |
 |
| My Mom has had a cold and although Lily has been fine, she imitates blowing her nose, and coughing, when Grandma does it. |
 |
| Carrying baby doll around. I bought the American Girl Bitty Baby with my own money when I was in 3rd grade. Instead of buying the bassinet from AG, my Mom and I bought a generic one and sewed our own bedding and trim. It's still in perfect condition, almost 20 years later, but I have a feeling it won't be for long... |
 |
| ...because Lily keeps dumping baby doll out and wearing the basket as a hat. |
 |
| Then we put the baby back in the bassinet... |
 |
| ...and Lily inevitably rips the baby and all of her bedding out again. |
I've alluded a bit to taking the CA Bar exam but tomorrow starts the beginning of the study program that I'm following so sadly, I won't be able to blog as ofter as I have been. The program suggests studying for 5-8 hours a day but with work, housework and Lily, I think I'll probably be able to do about 3 a half. Unfortunately, that doesn't leave me much room for anything else until after February 24th- the last day of the Bar exam and my 30th birthday! I'll try to post photos at least once a week. Maybe I can even teach Grandma Judy how to post and she can be a substitute blogger!
Comments
Post a Comment