Random










So I've been pretty open about the fact that I'm running on empty lately.  Between my new commute to drop Lily off at Grandma's before work, work getting really hectic, moving and general holiday mayhem, I haven't been able to escape the feeling of always having something that I should be doing.   I finally calmed down a bit tonight with the help of Sam Adams cherry wheat ale and some vegan brownies!  It felt so indulgent to just sit and have a beer.  And after veering off the vegan path way too many times over the prior 3 weeks, it's felt really good to be back on track this week.
General mischevous behavior this morning.
Blue eyes at bath time.
Pondering the mystery that is running water.

Lils went to bed easily tonight so I had time to make a baby-less trip to Vons and do some kitchen organization.

I always used to forget what I had put in each black container so I decided to label them this time.  I also made a nifty little Christmas decoration by filling a cheap vase with cheap Christmas balls.  Cheap.

We have almost no living room furniture right now (our behemoth of a couch appears to be stuck in Tarzana... for reals) but we've had our Christmas tree up since the first day we moved in.

We've set up Lily's holiday themed Little People sets under the tree.  My favorite is the adorable little nativity scene.  I try really hard not to have this blog devolve into a vehicle for bragging but I have to brag a little bit- Lily is so sharp that this evening she remembered which figure was the baby Jesus even though I only told her a few times last week.
Finally, here's a video of Lils from tonight.  We had taped a video for Great Grandma Jean and as Matt was editing the video, Lily kept watching it and laughing at herself in the video.

Tomorrow should be a really good day because I've got a work holiday lunch that will eat up a good portion of my work day and then we're all going to the Grove for dinner and holiday window shopping after work.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

New Digs (Kind Of)

January 2021

Gettin' Back in Shape