Christmas 2010

We've been getting tons of gifts in the mail from family and friends and on Thursday Lils took a real liking to the tea set from her cousins Phoebe and Natalie.

After our faux Christmas on Thursday night, we headed up to Walnut Creek for real Christmas Eve...
Who needs Christmas gifts when you can just play with the remote?

Playing with Great Uncle Eric.

Opening her play shopping cart from Grandma Kathy and Grandpa Marc.

Playing with Grandma & Grandpa's Aboriginal music sticks, which were surprisingly similar to the music sticks in Lily's music class.

Goin' shoppin'.

Matt and Great Grandma Jean.

I wish Lils was smiling in this photo but I'm just happy to have an actual picture of the three of us together.

... followed by real Christmas on Saturday...

Goofing with Aunt Kim.

Clapping with Mama.

Playing with Cookie Monster and Grandma Kathy.

Discussing something important with Grandpa Marc.

Fixing some stuff with her new tool set.

Ready for a Christmas feast with the bib Aunt Kim bought her in Sydney.

Going cra-zazy before bed, running up and down the hallway,

followed by pushing her shopping cart up and down the hallway.

... the Kindall family luncheon on Sunday...

Getting a love nuzzle from Cousin Joey (12 mos.).

Lily LOVED her cousins' house!  I don't think she's ever seen so many toys before in her life.

She and Joey were so adorable, playing with the ball pit.

At one point, Lily just stood and stared at Cousin Jake, trying to get his attention.  Of course, he played it cool and completely ignored her... which only made her try harder.

Great Grandma Jean, the Birthday Girl, with her beautiful cake (which was also quite yummy).

Aunt Kim, Lils and I.  The three of us have been having quite the time this weekend!

Lils got plenty of birthday cake too.

And I was the life of the party, of course, keeping Julius, Matt and Eric entertained.  Actually, Marc just happened to capture the five minutes of the party where I was able to be an adult and talk to people instead of running after Lils.

There was some attempted paci thievery by Joey but Benji, being a wise two years old, quickly intervened.

And clearly Lils wasn't too upset since they all continued to play nicely and narrowly dodge Jake's Nerf darts.
... and now some post-Christmas fun in L.A. with Aunt Kim.
Demon cookie baby!

Playing with Aunt Caren's Thunder Tube... it sounds so dirty but that's actually what this toy is called.

Refusing to smile for the camera with Cousin Zach, Matt, Aunt Care, Cousin Levi & Aunt Kim.

Aunt Caren's candy bowl and cookie tin seriously kept Lily occupied for about 45 minutes.  The funniest part was that it took her a good 20 to figure out that the items she was playing with were edible.
So Kim and I tried to be all cultured today and headed over to the Getty Center but apparently it's closed on Mondays so we were forced to go to the Century City Mall instead.  We really didn't want to go shopping and I'm totally bummed about coming across a 50% off shoe sale at Bloomies.

Anyway, tomorrow we're going to try the G.C. again because art is that important to us.  Actually, I think it's because we both really like museum gift shops but anyway...  hopefully it will be another nice day and we'll get some good photos of the vistas.

Comments

  1. Great Photos! :) So great to see them all and to have a glimpse of the family party that we were missing being at! Glad you had a wonderful Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You too! I wish you were there to see Grandma Jean's face. She was literally moved to tears by your hard work in putting the movie together.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

New Digs (Kind Of)

January 2021

Gettin' Back in Shape