Grandpa Marc graciously forwarded me his photos from the weekend so I can blog. We had a really nice time and packed a lot into our quick visit.
Friday night was rough on Lils- she was not too happy about being awake until 10:30 and sleeping in a different place. She cried herself to sleep but woke up happy on Saturday.
We met Matt's cousin Marcie and her family for some play time at this great park in Concord called Matteo's Dream. It's designed for children of all physical abilities so it had lots of ramps and things that were low to the ground. Lily had a blast and every once in a while she and Benji, who turns 2 next month, would acknowledge each other. Joey, who turns one next month, slept until the end of our playdate so they didn't get to interact much.
Saturday night was Grandpa Marc's birthday dinner. Lily had so much fun playing with Great Grandma Jean across the table. Lils put on a good show of her animal noises, pointing to her body parts as I ask her where they are and even holding up one finger and grunting "Uh" when I ask "How old is Lily?" When everyone clapped for her, she got so excited that she started waving her arms up and down and shrieking.
Sunday was pretty chill and included a trip to Matt & Kim's favorite Mexican restaurant and a lot of lounging around with the baby and the puppy.
 |
| Marcie's oldest two, Sam & Jake with me, Grandma Kathy & Lily. |
 |
| Marcie's 2nd youngest, Benji, with the 2nd oldest, Jake. Benji stood in the water spray for about 20 minutes straight! He was soaked! |
 |
| Swinging with Grandma. |
 |
| And swinging with Grandma, cousin Benji, cousin Marcie & cousin Sam. |
 |
| Lily felt like a hot shot, walking around the park with her big cousins! |
 |
| Sam, me and Kathy with Lily. |
 |
| Mitzi, standing still for once. |
 |
| Our first attempt at the family holiday portrait. |
 |
| We nailed it on the 2nd! |
 |
| Uncle Eric, Great Grandma Jean, Grandpa Marc, Aunt Kim, me, Matt & Lils at the birthday dinner. |
 |
| Birthday cake from Catrina Rozelle Bakery = yum! Oh yeah, and Kim is a goofball. ;) |
It's hard to pick a favorite moment from the weekend- it's a toss up between (1) on Saturday night when Great Uncle Norm's homemade wine was corked and caused Kim and I , and even Great Grandma Jean, to laugh for about 30 minutes about how it smelled like... well, like farts, and (2) at the restaurant on Sunday when the waitress assumed Kim was Latina and Kathy and Marc told her that she's actually adopted. Okay, only the first part of (2) really happened but it was still funny.
Lily seems happy to be back into her routine now but she's been difficult at meal-times. Tonight she threw almost all of her dinner on the floor and demanded "coo-kie." When I told her we weren't having cookies, she became even more enraged and started bucking in her high chair. I took her out of her seat and she ran to my Mom, pointed at me and started grunting and babbling as if she was telling on me. It was hilarious. And it marked the end of dinner. Some nights she eats us out of house and home and others she doesn't want a thing. The doctor said it's normal so I'm not worried; I just wish I knew what kind of night it was going to be ahead of time so I didn't end up cooking a meal only for it to end up on the floor.
Matt and I are off to look at a bunch of apartments in Westwood tomorrow so hopefully we'll have happy news of a new abode to report soon.
Despite being the only Latina in the Berger family, my favorite part of the weekend was definitely telling Grandma Jean that Norm's wine reeked of foul farts. Good times!
ReplyDelete