Family Tree




So I've had this idea for a while to do a family (and friends) tree on Lily's wall.  I've had the tree wall decal up for a few months but hadn't found the time to print, laminate and hang the photos.  Since Lily is sprouting 4 molars, in varying stages of growth, she's been taking some pretty good naps and I finally found the time today!

The end result is like most of my craft projects in that it looks... like a home craft project.  In my head, I pictured something elegant, with small round individual frames hanging from the branches.  In my wallet, buying a dozen + frames was out of the question.  ;)  Despite that, I'm still happy with it.  And Lily loves it too!  She's been very into looking at photos lately so now that she has almost her whole family on the wall, she was very happy to look at the photos and hear all of the names.

Here's the full tree:
Matt's family is to the left, mine is to the right and our friends are in the middle.  I got most of the photos from my archives but was able to fill in some blanks through Facebook and blogs.  :)

Other Matt is here for the Giants game so Matt is occupied and Lily is asleep, which means I can sneak out for a 9:50 viewing of Never Let Me Go.  I've been on a movie kick lately- Matt and I saw The Town (very entertaining and visually cool.  I've got a soft spot for Ben Affleck (Matt and I even saw the Sum of All Fears in the theater!) but Jeremy Renner kind of stole the show) and The Social Network (Soooooo good! Really well acted and much funnier than I thought it would be) recently and my Mom and I caught You Again (totally silly but the perfect movie to see with my momma... and I love Kristen Bell) last week.  I forgot how much I enjoyed going to the movies.  It's such an indulgence and is the one thing that I really miss about pre-baby life.  I've been in enough bars at 2 AM to feel that my twenties were well spent, partying and living the life with my besties and the early wake up time that motherhood requires means that I don't miss going out that much.  But I really miss going to the movies every week!

I hope everyone has a great weekend!  We are meeting Lizzie at the Grove for lunch tomorrow and then taking a tour of her new place.  I can't wait to catch up with her and talk about all the movies I've seen.  :)

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

New Digs (Kind Of)

January 2021

Gettin' Back in Shape