Party Pics

Here are some shots of the general revelry at Lily's party on Saturday night:
As you can see, Lils was really soaking up the attention.
And then some.
As Marc said...
..."We've got some very animated shots of you, Vanessa.  Not sure about Lily."
But Lils was pretty animated too.
Though I love this photo too because she looks so much like her Daddy.
Side note: I realize this headband/ponytail combo is absolutely dated but it's been really hot in the Valley.  My grand plans for doing my hair and makeup and lookin' good for the party went South as soon as the thermometer hit 95*.  Unfortunately, this trend has continued into the week as we've been over 100* yesterday and today.
Yeah, this is about as crazy as the party got.  But we still had a good time, baby and all!
And some of the birthday girl eating cookies with Grandpa Marc and then unwrapping gifts on Sunday:
Uncle Brian put this Alphabet Train together for Lily while she was sleeping on Saturday night.  When she woke up on Sunday morning, she was overjoyed to find a new toy!  The train teaches letters, colors & numbers and provides a good riding toy and walker for Lils.
Lils wasn't so sure she wanted to share her chocolate chip cookies.
But she made an exception for Grandpa Marc.
Right before we opened gifts, I took out a pad and pen to write down the information for the thank-you notes.  As soon as Lils saw the pad and pen, she was on a mission to use them and paid almost no attention to unwrapping her gifts.  She liked her cards because she thought they were paper she could write on.  Once the gifts were actually open, she got excited and really enjoyed them but she didn't seem to understand that the gifts were hiding under the gift-wrap, waiting for her to open them.
Standing all on her own!  She can get up to standing without holding onto anything now and she's becoming quite steady on her feet.  My Mom and I both think she would be physically able to walk if she tried but she's just not ready yet.
This was the last of the party pics, so we're current on the blog!  Today was filled with errands.  We actually had to go over to the Apple Store to inquire about a new screen for my iPhone, which yesterday succumbed to Lily's iron will and the pavement's iron consistency.  They wanted to charge me $199 just for the new glass covering on the screen!  Luckily I know an IT guy who said the part only costs $70 and he can do it in an hour.  In the meantime, I am trying not to use my phone because the cracked glass could break the screen so if you need to reach me, email or the house phone are best.

Tomorrow, we're taking Lily to a kiddie reading at the local library.  I'm way too excited about getting her some social time with other babies...  I guess I should say toddlers now!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

New Digs (Kind Of)

January 2021

Gettin' Back in Shape