Lord Rusty

Overall I think I'm a pretty easygoing parent but I admit that I've been worried lately about the fact that Lily doesn't have any baby friends.  She was in such a social environment at daycare and she loved being around all of the other tots.  But now her daytime social circle only extends to my Mom and I.  Even though her pediatrician tried to assure me on Monday that she won't really benefit from friends until she's closer to two, I wasn't really convinced.  After my Mom suggested I look for programs at the local libraries, I found one for yesterday: Lord Rusty's minstrel/juggling show! 

I'm really glad we went because it (1) was fun to see Lily crawl around and invade everyone else's personal space, and (2) affirmed what her pediatrician said about parallel play.  Basically, she sat in my lap and watched good ole Lord Rusty for a whopping five minutes before she started crawling around and bugging the other kids.  She even made an attempt at pacifier theft before I pulled out her own paci.  After about 20 minutes of crawling around and getting no love from the other kids, Lils made a break for it and starting pulling books off of the shelves with me in hot pursuit.  Despite all that, I still think she enjoyed it all and we'll definitely keep going to these events.

With Lils taking an extra long morning nap, I've been able to FINALLY watch my Tracey Anderson Dance Cardio DVD.  If only watching it burned as many calories as dancing it supposedly does.  To be honest, I'm not sure if I'll ever be able to do it.  The choreography is really complex for an uncoordinated soul like me and you need a pretty open space with hardwood floors (my sneakers kept snagging on the carpet and I kept bumping into furniture).  Plus, Tracey pretty much lost me when she started the video by saying you should do the routine (which takes about an hour) at least 4-6 times a week.  I would really love to have the self-proclaimed "teeny tiny dancer" bod that Ms. Anderson and Gwyneth Paltrow rock but I don't think I want to spend almost all of my free time dancing around like Jane Fonda on crack... That said, I was rendered breathless by doing one of the dance routines a whopping three times so I think it probably is a great workout.  But methinks I'll need to find another way to rock my pre-baby Paige denim without muffin top.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

New Digs (Kind Of)

January 2021

Gettin' Back in Shape