Eastbound and Down
Lily was being such an adorable bambina while chomping on her teething biscuits that I had to take some photos:
The biscuits definitely worked their magic because she woke up this morning with her top left incisor broken through. Then just a few hours later, we noticed that her top middle/left incisor also broke through!
After starting the day with homemade waffles by Judy, we hooted at the neighbors a bit and Lils showed off her new Elmo & Abby Cadabby pajamas,
While Lily took her morning nap, my Mom and I did mani/pedis and touched up our hair color (for me we went for a cooler shade than before). Once Lils woke up, we splashed in the pool with Grandpa Tom and explored the backyard.
You might notice that Lils looks a little worse for the wear. The scratch on the middle of her nose is from earlier this week when she face-planted on the patio while crawling for Grandpa Tom's blackberry. The smaller scratch on the left side of her nose is the result of some overzealous eye-rubbing. Neither of those caused any tears but the blister and split lip on the right side of her lower lip are another story. On Thursday, she was excitedly waving some magazines in the air when she lost her footing, fell and bumped her chin on the coffee table, causing her only top tooth at the time to mangle her lower lip. She was pretty freaked out and it bled a bit but she was over it quickly. I have to say that so far I'm quite impressed with Lily's ability to grin and bear it when it comes to physical pain.
And just in case you were wondering what kind of awesome stuff Matt and I are up to right now, it's rewatching the first season of Eastbound & Down. The first time around, I wasn't that into it but now that I'm watching it, I'm finding it really funny. So I'm thinking the reason that I wasn't that into it before is because Lily had just been born and my mind was all kinds a distracted with nursin', pumpin', sleepin' and motherin'. There just wadn't no room for Kenny F*in Powers at the time. Thank goodness there is now because he is awesome. :)


Comments
Post a Comment