Going to the Zoo

It's been super hot in LA (it was 107* in Tarzana yesterday) but that didn't stop us from going to the zoo yesterday morning.  In anticipation of our activity, I sang the above Peter Paul & Mary song to Lily.  A few minutes later, my Mom did the same, at which point Matt asked "Is this some sort of weird Zimmer family zoo song?"  He didn't realize that it's an actual song.  Though I can't really blame him for thinking I made it up because it's not exactly complicated.


I couldn't pick just one from the above photos- Matt and Lily are too cute a pair!
After seeing the wild bird show, and squealing with delight the whole time, Lily took the shortest power nap ever.  I'm not kidding; it was about 2 minutes.  When we got home, she took a real nap and Matt and I went for a swim to cool down.

And even after the zoo, Lily still managed to save some displays of cuteness for dinner.  It's another scorcher today and my Dad just got home from work early so we're going for a dip in the pool- the water is 90*!

Comments

  1. Ahhhh...those pics of Matt and Lily at the zoo are super cute, they are such a cute pair! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

New Digs (Kind Of)

January 2021

Gettin' Back in Shape