Blogiversary
So I've been so wrapped up in Lils lately that my first blogiversary came and went with no recognition. But as of July 16th, I've been blonde and bitchin' for one year! It's crazy to think that when I started blogging, Lils was still an almost watermelon-sized fetus...
...and now she's eating watermelon for breakfast!
As we get closer to Lily's first birthday it's hard to even wrap my head around all the changes we've been through this past year. I look at pictures from this time last year and I feel such an odd mix of happy and sad. We knew we were on the brink of something big and life-changing with the baby and we knew that we eventually wanted to make it back to CA but we had no idea how quickly it would all happen.
Yesterday I told Matt that in retrospect I can see that I never really understood the term "bittersweet" before having Lily. It's incredible to watch her grow and learn new things
(like "How big is Lily? Soooooo big!", which she picked up at dinner last night) but at the same time, I miss her infancy and our apartment in Chicago and our friends. With Matt starting work on Monday, we're moving forward after a few months of running in place but I still feel like my legs aren't quite working here in LA yet... not sure that that extended metaphor really works. ;)
Anyway, it should be a good weekend- it's cooled down since last weekend and we're ready for some pool action. Lily is so ready for the pool that when she sees her blue swimmy diaper, she actually tries to put it on herself! And the other day, she lied down and put her legs up for Matt to put it on her. Note that when it comes to her normal diapers, we have no such luck and are met with squirming and twisting.

Comments
Post a Comment