Happy Birthday Baby

We kicked off Matt's 29th Birthday celebration last night with a great dinner with Liz at Rick Bayless' new restaurant, Red O. I've been to some of Rick's restaurants in Chicago but Red O was a real treat. It was beautifully decorated but felt so relaxed at the same time. The food was yummy but what really had me were the drinks. The Red Sangria and Market Margarita were divine!

And we had an LA moment when we arrived at the restaurant at the same time as Charlize Theron. I never would have noticed her but a paparazzo ran up next to me & started snapping away. At first I thought "what a dummy, he thinks there's someone famous here" but when I looked up I saw her walking toward the door. I know you're supposed to be all cool about it in LA and I tried not to stare but she was breathtaking. I've never seen anyone that beautiful in person before and she wasn't wearing a drop of makeup! Sigh.
This photo is super dark and grainy but I had to include it because it's been a while since Liz & I have had our photo taken together.













Lily's handiwork to the left (note to self: make sure the bathroom door is really closed at all times) and Lily in another homemade onesie to the right. I really wish I'd written down all of the onesie artists!

Since it's Matt's birthday he had his choice of meals. We had lunch at Fromin's Deli and then drove over to Malibu Bluffs Park for some playtime and beach vistas. The ocean air was so nice and it felt like we were back in Santa Barbara. I could
definitely live in the 'Bu. For dinner, Matt's friend Matt joined us at Sole y Luna. Lily had Mexican Chicken Soup & black beans! And then Matt got his real birthday gift- a night out with the guys.

I thought this photo of the iPhone camera itself was pretty funny; it happened accidentally when the camera app froze. The one where Lily has a cup on her head is from dinner a few nights ago. She loves to play with these 3 lemons from the garden and that cup.


And I leave you with a video of Lily in the bath tonight. She was super excited from a fun day of meals out and decided to tell her rubber duckies all about it!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Stop for a Minute

To Grandmother's House We Go