We took a trip to Home Depot the other day and picked up some nice flowers to plant in the yard:
Lily loved the fountain on display. We got her yellow and purple Cala Lilies to plant.
She kept twisting around to reach the flowers in the cart behind her.
Lily is many wonderful things but she is not really a cuddler. She is always busy playing or exploring and bucks against our hugs most of the time. Even when you hold her, she's always twisting around to see things from your vantage point. So when she fell asleep in the car on our way home, I couldn't resist cuddling her face while she slept.
Last week, she somehow ended up in the laundry basket. She liked it so much, we threw in some of her toys and she spent a good 15 minutes just sitting in there, playing.
Here's the babe, playing yesterday morning. This photo also gives you the first look at her little chompers. In case you didn't know, you can click on any photo and receive the full-size image; this should show her teeth a little better.
She's so happy when she wakes up now! She bounces in her crib when I come in to get her and immediately lunges for the floor so she can play. She LOVES this wooden toy set from her Winnetka cousins and uses the hammer to bang the floor, her toys and even her crib.

At first, I thought you could see her teeth in this photo but now I think it may just be a glare on her tongue. What do you guys think?
Her changing table provides endless entertainment. Yesterday, she actually pulled it open. She stood against it and started pulling her pj's out of the bottom drawer.
My little blue-eyed girl.
This morning, Lils actually crawled to the living room door and started yelping. I figured she wanted to play outside so I set up the pack 'n play by the pool and she enjoyed looking at things while I had my coffee.

We've had a lot of ups (Lily growing, 10 year anniversary, discovering old savings bonds from my First Holy Communion (ka-ching), good LA weather) and downs (Lily growing (it's so bittersweet), missing friends in Chicago, Mom getting sick, general job search drudgery), but I have a good feeling about the rest of this week. We're planting some flowers today and I'm trying to just be in the moment and not worry so much about the future. I've never had a garden before but I've heard it's therapeutic... we shall see.

Here's a video of Lils goofing in her pack 'n play this morning.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Stop for a Minute

To Grandmother's House We Go