I have tons of photos to post and stories to tell today!

By coincidence, my Mom and Matt were wearing the exact same outfit on Friday (khaki shorts & brown shirts). As Matt joked, next thing you know, their menstrual cycles will align.

Uncle Brian came to the house on Friday to spend Mothers' Day weekend at home. Lily was very happy to see Brian again.

Last week, Lily was very wearing of crawling out into the hallway. So once she took the plunge, she had to turn around and celebrate her victory.

Then she remembered that the door stop was
inside her room so she crawled right back in.

And celebrated some more.

And more! I just love this sunflower romper. We bought it at the Carter's outlet in Aurora on Lily's very first shopping trip at about 3 weeks old. It seemed huge at the time but now it fits just right.

We put her in her Ed Hardy casual wear for Mothers' Day. I'd like to take this opportunity to clarify that Ed Hardy has no place in our lives
except on Lils. No rhinestone trucker hats or tattoo sleeves for us, thank you very much. But it's so cute on her.

Matt's favorite prank is to put Lily's toy magic top hat and put it on her head. Matt thinks it's REALLY funny...

My lovely Mothers' Day gift from Matt and Lily. When Matt gave Lily the box and asked her to hand it to me, she smiled, threw the box at my chest and laughed when it bounced off and hit the floor. Maybe she was jealous that I got her birthstone earrings. They match my David Yurman peridot bracelet that Matt got me as a push present.


I've wanted some big statement piece necklaces for a while but didn't want to spend the moola. After seeing a pattern for the top one on Martha Stewart's website, I decided to try to make it myself. $7 worth of materials and about 3 hours later I had 2 funky necklaces! I also got the Martha Stewart Encyclopedia of Crafts from my parents for Mothers' Day so I am really looking forward to trying some of the crafts, particularly decoupage and paper flowers.



Cherry Baby in her pack 'n play earlier this week.

Since Lily and I share a closet in her room I usually get dressed while she plays. For some reason, it's really exciting when I throw my dirty pajamas on the floor as I'm getting dressed. She almost always crawls over and waves them around, squealing.

We recently discovered that she likes pulling things out of bags, boxes and containers in general. So Matt invented a game where we fill a bag or container with toys and let her pick them out one by one. It keeps her happy for a good 15 or 20 minutes!

Lily "helped" me fold the clean laundry...

...and tried to climb into the basket.

Lily in the onesie that my Mom's best friend Linda made for her. She had just woken up and was less than enthused to play fashion show.

Lily at The Habit last night. She had 2 french fries and spent most of the dinner staring at a little girl sitting at the table next to us. Every once in a while, we'd catch Lily grinning ear-to-ear at the little girl. It was so sweet.



Lils goofing around at breakfast this morning. She loves her oatmeal (I mix it with an bit of pureed fruit)! After she gets her oatmeal, she gets cheerios while I make my breakfast. I really love these mornings- she's always so cheery and easy going.
Comments
Post a Comment