As with most things in life, being a parent is all ups and downs. One day I'm feeling good, thinking to myself "I'm good at this mom thing" and the next, I'm feeling like a major a**hole for not realizing that my daughter was cranky all day because she has a fever.
Lily was not herself all day yesterday (crying when I put her down, fussing during mealtimes) but I just chalked it up to an off day. When my Dad got home from work, he noticed that she seemed warm. Sure enough, when I took her temperature an hour later, she was running a slight fever. The fever continued today but she was pretty happy so we still trekked out to IKEA for lunch and some home decor browsing.
Unfortunately, Lil has been pretty upset this evening. She's warm and unable to sleep for longer than 45 minutes at a time. Our pediatrician's website has ensured us that we don't need to call the doctor or go to the emergency room but it's still really tough knowing that she's not feeling well. She's also going through some severe mamismo lately so I have a feeling she and I will be attached at the hip, er breast, all night. :)
Lily was not herself all day yesterday (crying when I put her down, fussing during mealtimes) but I just chalked it up to an off day. When my Dad got home from work, he noticed that she seemed warm. Sure enough, when I took her temperature an hour later, she was running a slight fever. The fever continued today but she was pretty happy so we still trekked out to IKEA for lunch and some home decor browsing.
Unfortunately, Lil has been pretty upset this evening. She's warm and unable to sleep for longer than 45 minutes at a time. Our pediatrician's website has ensured us that we don't need to call the doctor or go to the emergency room but it's still really tough knowing that she's not feeling well. She's also going through some severe mamismo lately so I have a feeling she and I will be attached at the hip, er breast, all night. :)
"Give me cheerios or give me death!... Okay, not death. Singing Christmas Snoopy will do."
I love this photo because it's the perfect mix of what I used to spent money on (Louis Vuitton) and what I now spend money on (baby wipes & BABY).
Lily loves to read & sit in her bumbo even when she's not feeling 100%.
Comments
Post a Comment