Decorating eggs on Saturday was so much fun! I had dyed them during Lily's morning nap and set them out to dry. When Lily woke up, I sat her on the counter next to them and started to pull out the stickers to decorate them. A minute later my Dad took her and said "Why is Lily's face blue?" Apparently without me even noticing, she had picked up the blue egg, licked it and thrown it on the floor! I took that as a sign that the blue egg was hers. ;)As usual Lily was very pleased with herself for doing something mischievous.


If you ignore my Quiet Riot hair (this is what my bangs look like when I wake up in the morning), these pictures of us decorating eggs are pretty cute.
As you can see, I went with the Sesame Street egg decorating kit. I figured the stickers would be pretty easy for Lily to help with.
Lily pooping up a storm in her Easter pjs.
Matt and I have a new trick to make Lily smile: we blow on her face. She finds it hilarious.
This photo isn't super flattering but I have so few of Lily and I together that I like it.
Lily went straight for her Easter basket from Matt and I. She got 2 new toys, ...
... one of which is a Mrs. Sun to match Lily's Mr. Sun.
Grandma and Grandpa's Easter basket was more full than the one from us! She got a few nice books...
... and a basket full of fun toys.
The purple elephant push toy was her favorite. It has peanuts that swirl around in the belly when you push it and a long trunk that fits nicely in Lily's mouth!
Lily also got her first Packers gear, which is a play on Curly Lambeau, the namesake of the Frozen Tundra.
As with most babies, the packaging itself was considered another gift to Lils.
I had to get a rear shot of these pj's because there's a cute little bunny tail on the behind.
Matt and I left Lillian with my parents for a few hours so we could go visit Brian and see his apartment. The highlight is his roommate's recliner, which used to belong to her grandma. It actually has a remote control that pitches the chair forward to make it easy for old people, or a perfectly healthy 28 year old, to get in and out of.
After her nap, we changed Lily into her Easter dress and she played while I made dinner. We weren't sure what we'd do since my Mom still isn't feeling so hot. But she was feeling well enough that our friend Liz came over for a pretty casual Easter dinner. We ate at the kitchen on regular dishes instead of in the dining room on china but we still had a really nice time. I was able to pull together a decent dinner from our freezer and a quick trip to the Vons on Reseda. All I can say is thank goodness for crescent rolls and frozen pie.I found my bunny ears from the first trip to Disneyland that Matt and I made together almost 10 years ago (I think they're supposed to be Rabbit's from Winnie the Pooh) and put them on Lily. She couldn't have cared less!
So I tried her sunglasses too. This is her impersonation of Stevie Wonder.

Lily is settling into her afternoon nap so I'm going to do some job search stuff while I can. It's a little stormy out but we're hoping to get outside for a walk or some backyard play time later this afternoon.

I hope everyone had a nice Easter!

Comments

  1. i just saw the stevie wonder caption and laughed really hard.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

New Digs (Kind Of)

January 2021

Gettin' Back in Shape