We started St. Patrick's Day off with some yummy cereal.
Lily loves to stare at the lights over the kitchen table while she's eating.
Lily loves to stare at the lights over the kitchen table while she's eating.
After breakfast Lily got dressed up in her new green dress from her cousins Mark, Janet, Allison, Nicholas & Jacqueline. I wore green too so we matched!
Lily took her first ride on Koto the dinosaur. She thinks it's cool enough sitting still in the corner so I can't imagine her reaction when we put batteries in it and it starts moving around.
Lily took her first ride in a shopping cart at Trader Joe's. She got lots of attention from our fellow shoppers.
And promptly fell asleep on the short ride home. Between Babies R Us (we needed a monitor since we're no longer in our one bedroom apartment) and Trader Joe's, she was tuckered out.
I saw this billboard at the corner of Ventura and Reseda and laughed (it says "Recession 101: Chill (Hysteria feeds recessions")). Then I got a little annoyed. Hysteria doesn't feed recession; the plummeting real estate market, almost valueless 401ks and joblessness, among a million other things, feeds recession. It's such a patronizing and strange sentiment to put on a billboard, as if to say "Calm down people, you're imaging that you've been laid off and have no idea where you're going to come up with your next mortgage payment. Just yoga away your fears!" I can't tell if this is government sponsored but I really hope not...
Glad you all are having fun in sunny So Cal! You crack me up about the clothes you were able to buy for yourself! I loved that feeling too! You know you'll go back to the mom clothes again some day with another pregnancy, but the excitement of buying real, stylish, fitted clothes again is thrilling! :)
ReplyDelete