When we picked Lily up yesterday, she was just waking up from a nap. Her teachers were so relieved that she finally fell asleep in her crib for the first time. Of course, she only slept for 30 minutes and had only slept for 15 earlier in the day but at least it was something!
We hung around daycare for a little while so I could nurse her and we felt like baby anthropologists. The babies are adorable and reminded us of the puppies at Puppy Bowl: they just crawl over each other and rough house and love every second of it. One little girl and little boy were particularly cute because they always play together and share toys. The little boy even gives the little girl horsey rides around their classroom. Lily got some attention from the others too, in the form of a smack to the head, but she didn't seem to mind. Any publicity is good publicity, I suppose. ;)
She fell asleep by 6 PM again but was up to eat 6 times between then and 6:30 AM. I felt like I was in the Twilight Zone; I was never really asleep and never really awake all night.
We had some gift cards to Baby Gap to burn through and found this adorable zebra-striped fleece sleeper. There's also a cow-spotted counterpart!
Lily loves to play with her diaper cloths so much that I decided to give her one in her crib at daycare. I'm hoping it'll act like some sort of magical sleep security blankey.
This photo was taken at the exact moment that she let out a stream of baby farts this morning. As always, she was very pleased with herself. In other bodily function news, while I was voting in the primary election last night, Matt was on bath duty. Lily peed as soon as he put her in the bath so he had to drain the bath, rinse her off and re-fill the bath. Then, when he flipped her on her side to wash her back, she farted on him and laughed. She's already an expert on bathroom humor.
We had some gift cards to Baby Gap to burn through and found this adorable zebra-striped fleece sleeper. There's also a cow-spotted counterpart!
Lily loves to play with her diaper cloths so much that I decided to give her one in her crib at daycare. I'm hoping it'll act like some sort of magical sleep security blankey.
This photo was taken at the exact moment that she let out a stream of baby farts this morning. As always, she was very pleased with herself. In other bodily function news, while I was voting in the primary election last night, Matt was on bath duty. Lily peed as soon as he put her in the bath so he had to drain the bath, rinse her off and re-fill the bath. Then, when he flipped her on her side to wash her back, she farted on him and laughed. She's already an expert on bathroom humor.
Comments
Post a Comment