This weekend, Lily fell asleep in a most curious position: She's really rolling around now so we never know how she'll end up sleeping.
My bumbo girl on Saturday, while I was cooking dinner. The stack of stars to her right is one of her favorite toys. It was a hand-me-down from Jackie, Nicholas & Allison and she just loves pressing the top and watching it light up.
A gift for Lily from my law firm came in the mail this weekend. Lily seemed to be beginning to understand the concept of a present. She got very excited when I showed it to her and told her that she had received a fancy present just for being born from a lawyer's loins.
I, like most women probably do, have an incredibly complex relationship with my career. At my old firm, I often felt like Clive Owen in The Bourne Identity, clutching my bleeding guts and whispering "Look what they make you give." And yet there have been times at my new firm where I feel like I have the greatest job in the world.
The recession has pretty much decimated the legal profession as we knew it and lay-offs, salary cuts and abysmal billable hours dominate the legal publications that I read. Real estate has been particularly hard hit and it's been a challenge to keep a positive attitude. I feel like every day I read a new article about how commercial real estate still hasn't bottomed out. So given all that, it was really nice of my firm to acknowledge Lily's birth in a special way.
And Lily enjoyed the little Radio Flyer wagon that all of the presents came in. It's the perfect size for her to pull her toys around in. She also enjoyed chomping on the pretty ribbon that decorated the package. It's always the wrapping that gets their attention!
I can't get enough naked Lily lately! She's so warm and snuggly. The other morning, Matt took Lily in the other room to play so I could get another hour of sleep (best. husband. ever.). When it was time for her to eat again, he snuck her in the bed next to me in just her diaper and I woke up to the cuddliest baby every. It was the best feeling!


Lily and Matt love to goof around! She gives him these huge smiles and then looks back at me as if to say "Isn't Dad great?" He is! When she's eating, she's always looking around for him too.
These are the little cherry print dresses that I got for Caroline and Lily to wear. I think they're both adorable so we'll have to do a wardrobe change so we've got photos of them in each.
Lily was all smiles this morning and pooped her pants shortly after this photo was taken. Her new thing is growling (she learned it from her classmate Anna) and she now wakes up smiling and growling in the morning.
When we dropped her off at daycare this morning, her older classmates were shirtless and playing with the water table. It was so adorable; they were all shrieking and smacking water around. Lily was in awe. Then I saw an empty green toy bin and put Lily in it, since that's what the mobile babies love to do. The de facto class leader, Lauren (who Matt calls Boss) was not pleased. She's the one that decides what they play and when they play it!
She crawled over to Lily with a very stern look and the teachers had to tell her to be nice. We moved Lily over to her half-donut seat so she could read and Boss followed her and sat nearby to keep tabs on her. We kept joking that as soon as the teachers backs were turned Lauren would put Lily in her place. I forgot something on our way out and had to run back to the classroom. When I popped back in, I saw that all of the other babies were now sitting around Lily reading books. I guess she's already giving Lauren a run for her money! I'm not surprised. :)










Comments

Popular posts from this blog

New Digs (Kind Of)

January 2021

Gettin' Back in Shape