Yesterday was one of the most fun days we've had in a while!Lily took a cat nap on the way to Winnetka. She woke up in time for Nicholas' karate class. Nick was a star pupil and got many complement from the sempai & sensei. He did a great job and Lily got a kick out of watching all of the kids in their gi.
After karate, Nick had a basketball game (he made three hoops in the 2nd half alone!) and the rest of us chilled out at home. But it wasn't long before we started to open presents. This is the first time we've seen each other since Thanksgiving so we had Christmas presents to exchange, plus gifts for Allison's & Nicholas' birthdays.

Look- a picture of me without a baby in my lap!
And back to a baby in my lap. Lily got a beautiful wood toy set from her cousins. She's already been playing with it today.
Lily showed off how she can roll over both ways and enjoyed all of the attention she got from her cousins and great Aunt and Uncle. After presents, we headed over to the Yardhouse for dinner. I really love that chain, mostly because of the macaroni and cheese. We had a really yummy dinner (thank you, Uncle Richard!) and as you can see, things got a little goofy.
Jackie's scarf swallowed her whole!
Jackie wanted a turn holding Lily. I got such a kick out of seeing her joy in contrast to Lily's displeasure.
Jackie was oblivious to Lily's freak-out.
Baby girl calmed down and was back to her happy self.
I got everyone in this shot except Mark, who was sitting next to Matt and Jackie. All of the birthday boys and girls (Mark, Nicholas, Cathy & Allison) got a birthday treat!
Lily was transfixed by the candle.
After we got back to the house, we played some Rock Band on Wii. None of us had really played before so it didn't sound pretty but we had a lot of fun. I was a bit of a microphone hog but since I'm also the resident photographer, there's no evidence of my hoggery.

Comments

  1. great blog, I haven't had a chance to read for a few weeks so just took some time tonight and enjoyed catching up. I feel like I was at the SD Zoo, at the spa, and viewing the baby cellulite (yes, so cute only on babies!). Oh, and I love the photos of jacqueline holding lily oblivious to lily's consternation!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jackie was so cute with Lily at the museum. When we first got there, she kept pushing Allison and Nicholas out of the way so she could sit next to Lily and hold her hand. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Stop for a Minute

To Grandmother's House We Go