Today was Lily's first trip to a museum! We met Cathy, Richard, Janet & the kids at the Art Institute for some cul-cha. The modern wing opened in May but I hadn't been yet. It's absolutely beautiful and the old staples didn't disappoint either.I'm quite partial to Van Gogh and Caillebotte so maybe I'm imagining things but Lily seemed to really dig the Impressionists too.
I don't usually think of china as being museum material but this set from Austria circa 1900 is so amazing, I can see why it is. I'd love to find something like this for our home.
Nicholas, getting his art on.
Lily, about to get her nap on.

Lily did really well at the museum and gave everyone lots of smiles. Especially Aunt Cathy! We're thinking she sees some of Grandma Judy in Aunt Cathy and likes the familiarity. After we got home, Lily and I both took a short nap but she's been having trouble sleeping since she has a little cold.

When we dropped her off at daycare on Friday, 3 of the other babies had the sniffles so we had a feeling this would happen. Sure enough, yesterday she started getting the sniffles. It's nothing too bad but it's still so hard to see her in discomfort. She's needed some extra cuddles this evening and her usual self-soothing method of sucking her paci hasn't been as effective since she can't breathe too well out of her nose. We're just trying to keep her nose clear with saline solution and the nasal aspirator but those two things tend to make her scream so she's pretty much upset no matter what we do. Hopefully tomorrow will be better.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

New Digs (Kind Of)

January 2021

Gettin' Back in Shape