Our friend Molly got Lily a handprint ornament kit for Christmas. I was so excited to give another art project a go but this one went the way of Jessica C's Chicago Marathon poster! I was able to press Lily's hand into the molding clay but each time she would grab hold of the clay and take it with her as I tried to remove her hand from the ornament. After a few failed tries, I decided to make a snowman ornament with the clay instead. So our project had a different result than anticipated but it was still fun.
The first part of this week has been good for me- work has been manageable and I've been able to get home to my fam at a decent time every evening. Today was a big day for Lily since Matt took her to her daycare center to pick up her enrollment materials and meet all of the caregivers. I was so happy to hear that she smiled for everyone there and seemed to really love the caregivers and the other kids. Matt said that between the other babies and the colorful decor and toys, she was in awe of the room that she'll spend most of her time in. I feel very lucky to have found a place that both Matt and I have a lot of confidence in.
We're expecting a snow storm any minute now and it could last through Friday so who knows what the rest of the week will bring. I have to appear in court tomorrow on behalf of a pro bono client (since I'm a transactional attorney this will actually be my first hearing) so I know I'll be downtown during the storm but I'm hoping I won't be stuck there for long. It can take hours to go 4 miles when a storm hits!
Hope everyone is staying warm!
Comments
Post a Comment