I think it's safe to say that 2009 has been the best year of our lives! We've been so lucky to have Lily and we're reminded of that every time we look at her. It's hard to believe that it's a full year ago that we started our countdown to being parents.

Along the way I did lots of traveling while I still could and we took a babymoon trip to the same resort in Los Cabos where we were married. In May, Matt left his job at Ocean Tomo to devote all of his energy to school (and taking care of his ever-expanding wife, of course). It's a decision that paid off as he just earned his masters degree in computer science from the University of Chicago.

After a summer of waiting and waddling Lily came to us a little over two weeks early, on August 16th. Parenthood has been a wild ride- from dirty diapers and crying fits to gigantic smiles and laughs, Lily keeps us entertained and anticipating her next move. She's growing so quickly and seems to outgrow a new outfit every day. As I suspected it would, my maternity leave went by in a flash and I returned to work last week. With Matt's job search in full swing, Lily will be in daycare soon and we're looking forward to what 2010 throws at us.

Much love to everyone in 2010,
Vanessa, Matthew & Lillian

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

New Digs (Kind Of)

January 2021

Gettin' Back in Shape