Photos from today (yay, we're up to date!):Matt's cousin Marcie (Eric's oldest daughter, who has a family blog of her own: http://thelukacsfamily.blogspot.com/?spref=fb) came by for a visit with her two youngest boys.

Benji was asleep for the whole visit so we didn't get to play but I did get to meet Joey, who was born on December 19th. Joey was the same weight as Lily (7 pounds 3 ounces) and half an inch longer (19.5 inches) so holding him was just like holding Lily at that age. I know it sounds strange but I really can't remember Lily feeling that light in my arms. It was like holding air! Joey was such a little sweetheart. I gave him a bottle and just relished holding a little pipsqueak again. I forgot how different it is to hold a newborn. It felt so nice to have him fit in my arms. Lily didn't seem to notice that I was holding another baby but she did get cranky and a bit fussy around the same time so maybe she sensed that my attention was elsewhere. ;)

Of course Lily seemed like a giant after holding Joey!
We couldn't resist a side-by-side comparison of the babies! Marcie's oldest was born about 6 months after Nicholas and he was the youngest baby Matt had ever held. It's funny how many kids have been born since then: Marcie has four, her younger sister Cindy (http://julioandcindy.blogspot.com/) has two and Lily makes 7!
Lily looked at Joey and even touched his foot but she wasn't too interested in him. She prefers when adults fawn over her! I'm a little worried that once we're back in Chicago and it's just the 3 of us, she'll go through attention withdrawal. I guess we'll have to call Rita and Larry and my cousins soon. ;)

Wish us luck on our flight tomorrow. With this crazy terrorist thing and the inclement weather, I'm already thinking that it's going to be a long day. See you soon, Rita & Larry!

Comments

  1. Ohhhhh! I am so very bummed that we couldn't visit with the whole crew! I'm glad you all got to visit though. Darn sickness! The babies look so cute together...you forget what a difference in size in just a few months! :) Such cuties!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Stop for a Minute

To Grandmother's House We Go