
My Mom and I were shopping in Burbank the other day and the mountains looked beautiful. I didn't want to leave LA because I'll miss my family (especially Brian since he won't make it to WC for Christmas this year; he has to work) but also because the weather was sublime and is supposed to continue to be in the 70*s all this week. So far WC has been cold and overcast. :(

After we packed up Lily's port-a-crib yesterday morning she had to finish her nap on the bed.



She was an angel in the car and slept for all but about 30 minutes of the drive (and talked to Cookie for the rest). It was such a pain to pack everything up in LA and unpack it in WC knowing that I'll just have to pack it all up again in a week. But I think having the same port-a-crib, bath and toys have kept Lily's surroundings familiar despite the constant change. Grandma Kathy and Grandpa Marc were so happy to see Lily again (they haven't seen her since the end of September) and she gave them lots of big smiles and coos and gurgles when we first arrived.

This morning Matt and Kim took Lily to meet Great Grandma Jean while I was showering up after a nice run on the treadmill this morning. I'm sorry I missed her but I'm sure I'll be seeing her soon. Jean has 6 other great-grandchildren (Marcie's 4th son Joey was born yesterday) but Lily is the only girl! I can't wait for Lily to meet her cousins this week.

Last night Jim & Mitzie came over for dinner and today Matt had his "bro down" with Jim where they play video games for 24 hours. Kim, Kathy & I hung around and caught up for most of the day and then Lily & I headed into San Francisco to have dinner with Molly & Adam. We had a lot of fun and there were lots of beautiful Christmas decorations to look at! Lily also met her first cat and dog up close. She wasn't so taken with the dog but she loved the kitty! She touched her fur and seemed to regard the cat with the same love she has for her stuffed animals. Her eyes grew wide when she saw that the cat can actually walk around, unlike Cookie Monster.

We got back to WC at around 7 but Lily is just going to sleep now. It's been about 2 hours of trying to soothe her to sleep. 2 big poopie diapers and numerous farts later, she's finally down for the count. Lily is the gassiest baby I've ever known. But she still found time for the above smile amid all of the pain.
We can't wait for all the cousins to meet too! See you soon! :)
ReplyDelete