More photos from San Diego:The downstairs area of the suite was nice but due to a heating malfunction, we spent most of our time upstairs where it was nice and cozy.
The bar, which for most guest is probably the center of entertaining and debauchery, became my pumping station!
Lils and I slept in the upstairs living space while my 'rents took the bedroom. Lily adapted to the hotel pretty well. I guess by now she's used to sleeping in a variety of different cribs. As long as she has her soother, her paci and her special knit blankey that Allison made her, she does okay.
The view from the downstairs balcony. The tower to the left is Sea World. We were going to go to Sea World on Wednesday but Lily took a long nap that morning and it's only open 'till 5 PM so we didn't want to pay $70 for a few hours there. Maybe when she's a little older.

I've got to find that picture of Shamu and I from when I was 4 and I got picked from the crowd to feed Shamu. After feeding him, the host asked me if I wanted to take a swim with Shamu and I actually started to un-velcro my sneakers! Then I got to kiss and hug Shamu. That is definitely one of the highlights of my childhood.
This was taken right after Lily picked up a toy for the first time! It's only been 3 days but she's already a pro and picking everything up that fits into her fingers.

Grandma and Lily in Old Town San Diego.

Lily hearts rock and roll!
Lily, Grandma Judy, Liz & Elizabeth. Elizabeth was a riot. She calls her grandma "Iz" because she heard her grandpa call her Liz once. She refuses to call her "Grandma." She liked looking at Lily but was also very territorial about her things and when my Mom was holding Lily next to Elizabeth's stroller, she said "My stroller!" She also said "My wipes!" when Liz gave me a wipe for Lily. It was pretty funny and seeing Elizabeth done up in a cute outfit and pigtails made me excited for when Lily is that age. I can't wait to cut little bangs for her!

Lily and Aunt Caren this afternoon. Unfortunately Lily wasn't in the best of moods. She woke up cranky and never really recovered. Usually she's such a smiley face but we couldn't get much out of her. We had a nice visit and afterward Matt, Brian and my Dad left for the LA Auto Show down at Staples Center. Lily is napping soundly so it looks like I've got a bit of free time. Yay!


Comments

  1. Hey i can't remember if we've already reminisced about this, but i also was picked out of the crowd at sea world, although it was to pet and hug a dolphin. Like you, it was one of the highpoints of my young life. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

New Digs (Kind Of)

January 2021

Gettin' Back in Shape