I've posted a few pics and updates on Facebook but haven't been able to blog since we've been in LA. I don't have any photos downloaded to post right now but wanted to let everyone know that Lily did so well on the plane and we are having a great time in the sunshine! I actually sat outside for a few minutes today and just soaked it up. And I know LA is not typically thought of as a walking town but since my parents live about half a mile off of Ventura Blvd., I was able to take Lily for a sunny walk to Vons to pick up diapers and wipes. There's also a library very close by so I was thinking of taking her there to look at books one of these days. I just can't believe how good it feels to be back in CA. I've missed it so much.
Lily's sleeping now but I can tell from her moans and squirming that she'll be up soon, looking for milk so I didn't want to go to sleep only to be woken up 30 minutes later... Sometimes I feel like my life is entirely dependent on her sleeping schedule, or rather her lack thereof. But Lily has been so happy lately- she's almost all smiles and no tears. She loves making raspberries at me and has been giving Uncle Brian the biggest smiles. She just stares and stares at him. And she's getting so strong. Even the nurse practitioner remarked on her strength at her check-up the other day.
We've been video chatting with Matt multiple times a day but it's not the same. Being apart really stinks! The chats are confusing for Lily too because she hears Matt's voice but can't figure out where he is. She just looks around the room, waiting for Daddy to appear. But confusing video chats are way better than nothing. I couldn't believe that Matt let me take Lily away from him for 9 whole days and I think he may be regretting it now.
Brian and I were able to get Kings tickets in the Herbalife suite at Staples Center at the last minute so my Mom watched Lily for us. It's very rare for Bri and I to have a brother/sister date and I really enjoyed spending some QT with him. His work schedule is zany but it works out so I see him more than I would if he worked a traditional 9-5 day. With Brian at home until he finds an apt. and Lily and I here, we've got a full house. It feels oddly normal for us all to be together again even though we never are anymore.
No big plans for tomorrow but we're planning on decorating the Christmas trees on Saturday. Yes, there are two Christmas trees: one for the family room and one for the living room that my Dad bought especially for Lily that will have all of the kiddie ornaments on it. As if she isn't spoiled enough, now she has her own 6' faux fern!
Looks like the little lady is waking up. I'll try to post some photos tomorrow. :)
Lily's sleeping now but I can tell from her moans and squirming that she'll be up soon, looking for milk so I didn't want to go to sleep only to be woken up 30 minutes later... Sometimes I feel like my life is entirely dependent on her sleeping schedule, or rather her lack thereof. But Lily has been so happy lately- she's almost all smiles and no tears. She loves making raspberries at me and has been giving Uncle Brian the biggest smiles. She just stares and stares at him. And she's getting so strong. Even the nurse practitioner remarked on her strength at her check-up the other day.
We've been video chatting with Matt multiple times a day but it's not the same. Being apart really stinks! The chats are confusing for Lily too because she hears Matt's voice but can't figure out where he is. She just looks around the room, waiting for Daddy to appear. But confusing video chats are way better than nothing. I couldn't believe that Matt let me take Lily away from him for 9 whole days and I think he may be regretting it now.
Brian and I were able to get Kings tickets in the Herbalife suite at Staples Center at the last minute so my Mom watched Lily for us. It's very rare for Bri and I to have a brother/sister date and I really enjoyed spending some QT with him. His work schedule is zany but it works out so I see him more than I would if he worked a traditional 9-5 day. With Brian at home until he finds an apt. and Lily and I here, we've got a full house. It feels oddly normal for us all to be together again even though we never are anymore.
No big plans for tomorrow but we're planning on decorating the Christmas trees on Saturday. Yes, there are two Christmas trees: one for the family room and one for the living room that my Dad bought especially for Lily that will have all of the kiddie ornaments on it. As if she isn't spoiled enough, now she has her own 6' faux fern!
Looks like the little lady is waking up. I'll try to post some photos tomorrow. :)
Comments
Post a Comment