After the auto show on Saturday, we ate Baja Fresh (an old college favorite of Matt's and mine) and hung around.
Sunday we took Lily to get her portrait taken at Sears. It was a disaster from the start for a variety of reasons: 1) they didn't honor our 2:45 appointment so by the time they actually got to us, Lily was already tired and ready for her nap, 2) the studio was about 100* and Lily (plus Mommy, Grandpa and Grandma) was all sweaty and uncomfortable, 3) they started Lily in a seated position, which is new to her and wasn't comfy for her. Basically, we got about 5 good shots in about 15 minutes before Lily entered full on scream mode. It took her 15 minutes to come down from her fit and then we had to wait an hour to look at her photos. I wasn't too crazy about any of them but we would have had to pay a $15 session fee if we bought nothing versus paying $2o for a sheet of wallet size photos. Between those issues and then the lack of customer service when it came to our options for photo packages, I was really not loving Sears. But we're picking our photos up on Saturday so hopefully they turn out well.
On Monday night we went to a Clippers game, which was a lot of fun. Lily donned her protective headphones and was incredibly well behaved in the suite.
Yesterday was a girls day out since my Mom and I took Lily with us to Hollywood to get our hair done at the Kara Jeffrey Salon on Sunset. Lily loved looking around at the salon and we took a nice stroll up and down Sunset while Grandma was getting her hair done. I LOVED being out in the sunshine and walking around. I can't describe how good it feels to just sit outside and soak up the sun. I just feel happy when I wake up in the morning, knowing that I can go outside and just enjoy the world.
Last night, my Mom and Brian tag-teamed an awesome meal: steaks with homemade guacamole, twice baked potatoes, fresh popovers and peas. For all you ladies out there, I'll have you know my brother is quite the catch because he actually likes to cook and is really good at it.
Today has been more low-key. Lots of playing and naps and I think another family dinner tonight. We were supposed to meet up with Liz but she's not feeling well (get well soon!) and needs to rest up before she heads for South Africa in a few days. Matt and I were thinking of seeing a movie but there's nothing playing that we both want to see. I think I'm turning into one of those people who just doesn't care as much about movies and TV shows and being "in the know" now that I've got a kid. I can't decide if it's a good or bad thing.
Lily has started grabbing everything within her baby reach and immediately shoving it in her mouth. I never thought I could be so proud of such a seemingly insignificant development but my heart swells when I see her start to grab for things.I'm not sure what's on the agenda for tomorrow. Originally, we thought we'd do Disneyland but now Matt and I aren't so sure. It would be a shame to drive down there and spend all that money if she ends up having a meltdown and needing to go home. I think it will be a game time decision.
Other than that, I've just been trying to get in the right mind-set to go back to work soon. It's proving quite difficult. I'm wondering if it's even possible. I'm so used to being with Lily all day, every day and I can't even imagine it being any other way. It looks like we've been accepted to our firs choice for a daycare center so I guess that's good news. I guess...
I tried to go back to work after having Ayden and couldn't do it. :) Hope it goes well, whatever you decide or is not working an option?
ReplyDelete