This year was the 6th Thanksgiving that Matt and I have spent with our cousins! Janet and I were marveling how we've spent more of our adult Thanksgivings with each other than anyone else. For the kids, this has been a real life-long tradition and I couldn't be happier to be a part of it.


That first Thanksgiving was great for me because I got away from dorm food for the day! My contribution to the meal was a store-bought pie so I've definitely stepped it up since then.


I love this outfit! Lily rocked this a few days ago.

And 2 days ago was the last time she'll wear this outfit since her pants were quite tight!

Spotted pj's yesterday morning...

and pretty floral dress later yesterday morning.

Jackie and Lily. Lily was really good all day. She took several short naps so she never got cranky.

Matt and Uncle Richard.

Allison, Jackie, Matt and Uncle Richard watching the Pack beat the Lions. Go Pack Go!

Big smiles before dinner. Lily sat quietly in her bouncy chair for all of dinner!

Lily and I chilling right before dinner. She loves being in the Baby Bjorn and looking around at everyone's level.

The sisters.

The boys on a break from Wii.

Allison, always the voracious reader.

Mark carving up the bird.

Is anyone surprised that Matty B was first in the food line. We had a jaw-dropping amount of food: scalloped potatoes, salad, sausage stuffing, regular stuffing, turkey, cranberry sauce, mashed potatoes, succotash, rolls, green bean casserole and cauliflower, broccoli, carrot and squash casserole!

The whole gang, Jackie, Janet, Lily, Mark, Matt, Judy, Allison, Richard, Nicholas, Cathy and I.

Uncle Richard feeding Lily (she ate about 7 ounces!).

Our dessert spread was equally impressive: peanut butter cups, pumpkin whoopie pies, chocolate chip cookies, apple pie, pumpkin mascarpone pie, regular pumpkin pie, cheesecake, key lime pie and apple cheesecake crumble!

The kids were VERY happy to have dessert.

And Lily was very happy to have a new outfit on after she pooped through her Thanksgiving pjs.

We don't have too many photos of the four kids together so I was glad to get this one.

As we were leaving, Jackie was upset that she didn't get to hold Lily so we had one more photo op.
This was really a great Thanksgiving. It wasn't the rowdy Wii party that last year's was but we had a really nice time and I had so much to reflect on and be thankful for. Every day I fall deeper in love with Lily and it's such a trip that this time last year we had no idea that we were on our way to becoming parents.
Finally, I wanted to post a video from that first Thanksgiving back in 2003. Allison was showing off a song she learned in nursery school and Nicholas was trying to keep up. There just aren't words for how cute it is!
I love it! I don't think i ever saw this, or maybe I was too sleep deprived those days to remember it. Thanks for sharing!!!
ReplyDelete