My Dad got into town late Thursday night and we've been having a lot of Zimmer family fun ever since.
Lily really likes her new rattles that tie around her ankles and wrists. She looks at her wrist and waves it back and forth in awe.

On Thursday afternoon my Mom and I assembled the favors for the christening. I was so pleased with the way they turned out!

Yesterday the crappy weather finally quit and my Mom, Dad and I took Lily to the park while Matt was at school. This was only her second time on the swings and she still seemed stunned. She did smile though.





She wasn't as into the slide and we didn't stay in the park for long.




Smiling at Grandpa Tom this morning. We all sang Good Day Sunshine and Lily ate it up.
I love this onesie- Lily looks like a ska princess.

This afternoon's project was to make the cake for the christening. My Mom made the cake and buttercream icing while I rolled out the white fondant, cut the leaves and hearts, sprayed the leaves green and turned the upside-down hearts into calla lilies.


My Mom iced the cake and cupcakes & then we sprayed the cupcakes pink and purple and assembled the lilies and leaves.
I think adding the yellow stamen added that perfect final touch. Making the cake was time-consuming, especially when you count the practice run I did earlier this week, but I am glad that I decided to do it myself rather than buy a cake. I was going to take a break from baking for a little while but then I remembered that Thanksgiving is coming up so I think I'll be baking again after all since the pumpkin pie is one of my staples.


The finished product!

I'll be sure to post pictures from the christening on Monday.

Comments

  1. The cake is exquisite!! ( You kinda scared us with the black earlier!) Best wishes to you and your entire family on this exciting day...

    Love to Lily XOXOXOXOX

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome cake decorating! You and your mom are oh so talented! :) Hope the baptism was a wonderful event, can't wait to see the photos!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

New Digs (Kind Of)

January 2021

Gettin' Back in Shape