As you can see, Lily has lots of smiles! What you can't see is that she's started to laugh too. At first I thought she was coughing and that she might have caught Matt's cold, but when I noticed she only made that noise when she was smiling and really happy, I figured out that it was her laugh. It's so funny!

Sadly, she's not laughing now. She's been fighting taking a nap all morning and afternoon and every 20 minutes starts yelling again just to let me know how much she does NOT want to be asleep in her crib. I'm standing firm though; I won't be seduced into taking her out of her crib again. The smiles and coos last for about 2 minutes and then she's so tired and fussy that she can't play anymore.




Lily's heart belongs to Daddy!

This photo was taken as I was explaining to Lily how silly it was that she was wearing an outfit that says "Virgo" when she is really a Leo. It might have been made incorrect since she was born early, but it's such a cute outfit so I put her in it anyway.



She loves sitting up nice and tall in her high chair. Her favorite part is when I put a chime toy on the tray and she pushes it back and forth.

Other than our usual routine of playing, eating and napping, I've been trying to get back on the exercise horse but it's so difficult to a) get motivated and b) get the time once I am motivated. It seems like every time I get on the elliptical, no matter what the time or how deeply Lily appears to be sleeping, she always wakes up in the middle of my workout and needs attention.

My goal was to be back in shape by Christmas and I've got to make it happen since I need to fit into my work clothes after then. The first 15 pounds came off with no effort at all so I was hoping the last 10 would do the same. No such luck! I'm so ravenous from nursing so a diet is out of the question (though I did make my first trip to Costco yesterday where I didn't come home with a jug of chocolate caramel macadamia nut clusters). I'll just have to squeeze in working out somehow...

Finally, I've got a cute video of Lily on the swings at the park for the first time. We were passing by a park so I thought we'd give it a try. She seemed to like it but didn't realize that you need to relax your body when you sit down. Her legs and back were rigid like she was standing up!

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Stop for a Minute

To Grandmother's House We Go