Last week was a rough one. Lily's fussiness seemed to be at its peak and I was experiencing quite a bit of pain from nursing. I was almost certain I had some sort of infection but after seeing my OBGYN and my lactation consultant we determined it wasn't an infection but rather soreness from Lily clamping down while nursing in order to nurse slower. I was instructed to try nursing one side at a time so we'll see if that makes a difference over time.

Once that was resolved, Rita and Larry came down from Skokie to babysit while Matt and I caught a viewing of "Couples Retreat" and a good meal at Los Nopales. Thank you, Great Grandparents!


Can you believe how chubby her cheeks are! She weighed in at 10.5 pounds on Friday!

She finally fills out her Calvin Klein onesie that Matt and I used to keep on our sofa and call our Baby G.


I caved in and bought my first ever Halloween decorations. I don't think Lily has noticed them yet but they make me happy.

Bath time!

Meg came up from Indy this weekend and got to meet Lily. They hit it off!


Today was the Chicago Marathon. Our friend Jessica C. was running and I made her a sign since our apartment is along the marathon route. I had planned on making a really cool poster with Lily's foot prints across it but some projects are doomed before they start. She started screaming as soon as I dipped her feet in the blue paint and didn't stop until after I gave her a bath. The poster didn't come out quite like we'd planned but it looked good from the street.




Lily video-chatting with Grandpa Marc & Aunt Kim.

Dad getting Lily ready for bed.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

New Digs (Kind Of)

January 2021

Gettin' Back in Shape