When I think about the past week, we haven't really done a whole lot but somehow it still feels like we've had a busy week. I guess Lily's kept us busy with feedings, diaper changes and occasional bouts of fussiness. ;)

Homegirl is starting her own all-girl, all-baby East Lakeview gang.

Lily should be ready to surf the internet on her own any day now.



I LOVE this photo of her. She's got such a grown up expression on her face. If I've taught her anything already, it's to always view the world with a healthy dose of skepticism.


Jess & Travis came over yesterday for a visit before leaving today for their honeymoon in Scotland.

Rita, Larry and some good corned beef sandwiches from a Jewish deli in Skokie also stopped by for a visit yesterday afternoon.

This photo illustrates a funny story about how clueless Matt and I were about baby stuff before Lily was born. The day before she was born we went to Babies R Us & picked up diapers. The package said "New Baby" so we grabbed them and ran. We couldn't figure out why the hospital diapers and other ones that we've bought since then are much smaller and better suited for Lily's tiny tush. I finally looked at the packaging today and noticed that although they are for a "new baby" they are also for babies that weigh 14-22 pounds. We ran out of the smaller ones yesterday so for a bit Lily was wearing diapers for a baby about twice her size. But really, what "new baby" weighs 14-22 pounds!?

Lily and Mom napping before Andrea and Grant came over for dinner and a movie.

Andrea made her chicken satay (it was delicious, as always) and we watched the Princess Bride. It was my first time watching the movie and I have to say I really didn't get it. But Matt and Grant were highly amused, particularly with Andre the Giant's "does anybody want a peanut?" rhyming.

Dad and Lily, happy as can be one moment.

Dad laughing and Lily pooping the next moment. She's such a show-off.




My Mom and I got this outfit for her the other day at the outlets in Aurora and she looks just as cute as I thought she would. She did a great job with tummy time this morning and was holding her head up and turning it from side to side.

She's never really sucked her thumb before but it was so cute when she did it today that I had to take a photo.



Tonight my Mom gave Matt a meat loaf lesson. Since Matt's last meat loaf foray resulted in a gray football shaped brick, this was a much needed lesson. The meat loaf and scalloped potatoes turned out great! We've got our Sunday nights down pat- a good meal with a nice bottle of red wine, followed by Mad Men. And tonight Matt and my Mom were delighted to come across a TV show called the 650 pound Virgin. I think it was supposed to be inspirational but it was just sad. The guy lost 400 pounds and thought it would change his life but he still can't talk to girls. We didn't watch it but there was a show on afterward called Half Ton Mom. TLC has basically become the network of morbidly obese reality TV.

Well, Lily's almost done nursing so hopefully I'll be headed to bed soon. We got here these new pacifiers today that are supposed to be more natural in shape (i.e., more breast-like). I'm hoping they will buy us a few more minutes of sleep! She seems to like them so far...

Comments

  1. Looooove Lil's new ensemble from the outlets. Also, I have also seen the 650 lb Virgin and agree that it is just depressing. It goes to show that losing weight doesn't make you gain social skills (duh). And glad to see Lily is getting Matt back for all the times he pooped behind the chair as a child :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE the picture of Travis with Lily -- he's going to kill me but I sent it to both our mothers. So adorable! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

New Digs (Kind Of)

January 2021

Gettin' Back in Shape