Today was Lillian's one month check-up. She's 9 pounds (50th percentile) and 21 3/4 inches long (75th percentile). She had her 2nd Hepatitis B shot and only cried for about 20 seconds. We were assured by the doctor that her gas attacks are normal, which was nice to her. We were also encouraged to give Lily more tummy time than we had been; she hasn't appreciated that so far today!

On a completely different note, part of me wants to hate IKEA just because everybody loves it but I can't help myself. When I was little, I used to love going there and running around the mock rooms and little has changed since in that regard. I've made 2 trips to the Schaumberg IKEA in the past 3 weeks; behold the fruits of my many purchases:

Play mat/rug for Lily once she's old enough to play with matchbox cars.

Wooden toy chest for all of that extra baby crap that was formerly crowding my closet, forcing my clothes to spill across our bedroom & cloth treasure toy chest for her baby toys. The latter was absolutely unnecessary but it was too adorable to pass up.

We had to move our black couch from the dining area to the elliptical/Lily's play area to make room for her swing. The result is that we now have back-to-back couches in our apartment. It looks as silly as it sounds.

New placemats, napkin holder and pretty yellow rocks for my vase of fake flowers.

Storage ottoman for our beige couch. It's a different type of fabric than the couch but it's about $350 less expensive than the one that corresponds with our couch. In fact, I bought all of this stuff at IKEA for less than the ottoman would have cost at Room and Board.

Lil in her swing.

Fake calla lily. I LOVE IKEA's fake flowers. This lily was to replace the real one that Jess had gotten Lily when we were still in the hospital.

More fake flowers! The orchids really bring a masculine touch to our bedroom. ;)

I dropped my Mom off at the airport yesterday so Matt, Lily and I are officially on our own. It's a bit scary but so far we're hanging in there. Lily was up with a gas attack until 3 this morning but slept really well after that. She's been a trooper even without her Grandma Judy here to sooth her but we've had some rough diaper action today. 3 full wardrobe changes, one bath, one explosive poop on the wall (yes, you read that right- she actually projectile pooped on the nursery wall adjacent to her changing table while Matt was changing her early this morning), one long walk along the Lake and one explosive poop on my hand later, Lily is fast asleep in her bobby pillow, nestled between her Mom and Dad.

Tomorrow is Grandma Judy's birthday and she and Grandpa Tom are headed to Disneyland to celebrate!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

New Digs (Kind Of)

January 2021

Gettin' Back in Shape