Way to Normal

When I first registered for this blogspot domain I was ending my third year of law school with dreams of travel, designer goods and excitement beyond name. Blonde Ambitchin’ would be the vehicle through which I would share my tales of finding the best gelateria in Bologna or meeting an aging billionaire who thought Matt and I were just the right kind of up-and-coming kids to endow his fortune to. In short, I was in denial of my impending normalcy.
Somewhere between the bar exam and the past three years I’ve spent practicing law, it occurred to me that maybe I wasn’t destined for anything beyond what I was already doing. This was at first, in a nutshell, depressing. Wasn’t I different? Wasn’t I special?
And then something unexpected happened: I embraced my non-specialness. I realized that the things that I wanted were the same things that everyone wants and normalcy started to look a lot more attractive than pipe dreams of international travel and lottery winnings.
Matt and I have a pretty sweet thing going on and a lot to be happy about. And that was before Baby G was in the works! Now that we’re on the verge of parenthood, the joy I take in banal things like running my hand over Baby G’s velour crib sheet is indescribable but understood by parents everywhere. Blonde Ambitchin’ will be the vehicle through which I’ll share my tales of Matt’s and my utter normalcy. I’ll still gladly take fame and fortune but until then, if normalcy is good enough for Ben Folds, it’s good enough for me and mine.
Vanessa

Comments

  1. You crack me up Vanessa! :)For someone who resisted blogging, you are great at it! :) I love how you told the story above! The nursery is looking so cute! Very modern, love it! Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! And love the name. I'll never forget our pink tank tops labeled with same. This will keep our beer pong fame alive forever! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

New Digs (Kind Of)

January 2021

Gettin' Back in Shape