Going to the Chapel

Well, actually it was the Jacob Henry Mansion in Joliet, IL. Our good friends Jade and Ryan were married yesterday and we were lucky enough to be invited to the big event. I've known Jade and Ryan for about 6 years now and it was so great to see them amongst friends and family and everyone who loves them the most.

Jess and I attended the rehearsal on Friday. Here are a few photos of the action.







With pretty much every weekend this summer including at least a half day of rain, we were a little nervous that the weather would be less than ideal. Luckily, we had a big thunderstorm late Friday night that had passed by Saturday afternoon.

The mansion grounds were beautiful and the music for the event was even more beautiful. The processional was set to "The Luckiest" by Ben Folds.

Ryan's kids Canon and McKenzie looked gorgeous and beamed through the whole ceremony. Ryan, Jade, Canon and McKenzie have been a family in the true sense of the word for a long time now but it was so special to see it all formalized in the wedding.

Ryan's nephew and his daughter Nicole were also in the bridal party. Nicole looked beautiful!

Ryan's brother was the Best Man and Jade's sister was the Made of Honor. They gave great speeches at the reception.

Jade and her Dad looked so happy! They walked down the aisle to "Question" by the Old 97's (which Ryan sang to Jade when he proposed along the Lake last year) and their dance at the reception was to "The Living Years" by Mike and the Mechanics. Ryan's dance with his mother was to "Songbird" by Fleetwood Mac, which is one of my most favorite songs of all time.

Jade's Dad performed "The Wind" by Cat Stevens.


And the new bride and groom started the recessional with "I'll Cover You" from Rent. After the ceremony, we headed to Kankakee, IL for the reception.


I LOVE Jade's colors! From the bridal party dresses to the flowers to the cake, the orange and magenta worked so well together and set such a cheerful mood.

Matt snuck in a candid belly shot. I danced up a storm last night and my legs and belly are paying the price today. "Twist and Shout" was not meant for the pregnant!

It's hard to believe that 6 years after we first met as hard-partying law school students, between the three of us we have 3 legal careers, 3 husbands, 3 step-children and 1 baby on the way- not bad!

Matt and I had such a great time this weekend! With everyone we know taking their summer vacations right about now and us being grounded on baby countdown, I've been feeling a little bored and envious. Jade and Ryan's wedding was like a mini-vacation. A mini-vacation that ended with a trip to Cracker Barrel! Mmmmm.... apple butter on biscuits. :)

Comments

  1. Glad you got to have a mini vacation! I for one, know what it feels like to be grounded on baby countdown! So I can for sure sympathize! You are the most adorable pregnant girl I know! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

New Digs (Kind Of)

January 2021

Gettin' Back in Shape